AFTER THE SUMMER CROWDS
Hossegor is a thriving holiday destination in Summer. If you are not a fan of the crazy crowds – I propose you visit Hossegor/ Capreton and Seignosse in September/October and November.
What is so special about this time in the year is that the weather is usually perfect – neither too hot or too cold!
You don’t have to spend an hour or more waiting for a table at your favourite restaurant.
The surf is also not as busy, so at least you will be able to catch a wave.
THE TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN HOSSEGOR
- Hire a canoe and paddle up and down Le Lac on a beautiful day. Why not make up a wonderful picnic basket and enjoy the beautiful scenery from your canoe
- If you are feeling adventurous – hire a Stand-Up-Paddle from Kevin Olsen and practice on le Lac it really is a lot of fun.
- Are you a golfer – look no further. The Hossegor area has numerous golf courses for you to practice your swing or to challenge your mate or a family member.
- Hossegor is well known for its fantastic restaurants. It is an area where you can find every type of cuisine.
- Should you wish to try your hand at cooking – the Hossegor/Capreton/Seignosse MARKETS are wonderful. One can find some very interesting ingredients not only from Aquitaine Region but also lovely flavours and spices from the Pays Basque as well as Spain.
- The Hossegor area is a great area to hire bicycles and to spend the day cycling or hiking through the Landes Forest.
- One of my favourite things to do is to visit the oyster “cafes” at the end of Le Lac. There is something so special about ordering a lovely bottle of wine and enjoying it along with a plate of fresh oysters harvested from le Lac and to sit and joy a beautiful view – what peace!
- So you like running….. there is a great trail that goes around Le Lac. The best time to enjoy a run there is early morning.
- YOGA – should you be looking for a wonderful holiday where you can practice your yoga once or twice a day, Seignosse Villa is the place to go to under the instruction of Yacha Olsen. If the weather is good one could also practice on the beach!
- What about enjoy relaxing moments by the pool and the do some long promenades around the lac, in the forest, on the beach ….Actually lots of those walks are officially registered and maps are available at the tourism office of Seignosse and Hossegor